The Secretary performs secretarial duties in department.
- Prepares routine correspondence, forms, reports, and other material using standard electronic and computer-based equipment.
- Interacts and provides customer service with students, staff and the public in a positive manner and answers questions regarding department matters.
- Makes travel arrangements, including transportation and accommodations, and prepares travel requests and vouchers.
- Participates in proofreading reports, program revisions or other related documents.
- Assists in planning meetings/activities.
- Attends training sessions as available to increase and improve skills.
- Conducts back-up procedures on computers.
- Maintains files of specified and confidential materials.
- Maintains calendars of scheduled appointments, meetings and special events.
- Maintains time records for department staff.
- Assists in monitoring budget for department.
- Processes invoices for payment.
- Creates requisitions for maintenance, contract parts and/or services as needed.
- Monitors and manages inventory and supplies, re-orders and stocks items as needed.
- Assists with preparation of workshop materials, department projects and online data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.