The Cook prepares food for consumption in school cafeteria. Responsible for setting up work station and ensuring all utensils and materials are clean and ready for use.
- Cooks food in production quantities.
- Stores received inventory.
- Gathers ingredients.
- Weigh and measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Operates standard food service kitchen equipment.
- Cleans work area and utensils; maintains sanitation standards in accordance with the Texas Department of Health.
- Inspects equipment for cleanliness and functional operation.
- Uses technical cooking skill and knowledge to ensure the finished products meets culinary standards.
- Performs cooking duties with other workers.
- Assembles the orders that are received.
- Follows departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.