The Accountant is responsible for maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts in areas such as cash, payroll, grants, construction, general accounting, property taxes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, budget, cashiering, student organizations and auxiliary enterprises. Applies generally accepted accounting principles to record financial information and prepare financial reports. Implements internal accounting processes and controls. Assists other staff with accounting or special projects.
- Manages and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Develops and implements procedures and internal control measures.
- Prepares journal entries and budget changes.
- Regularly communicates with college staff and students, and external agencies.
- Performs analysis and projections on financial data.
- Assists other staff members with accounting projects when necessary.
- Provides internal and external customer service.
- Prepares financial, management and board reports.
- Ensures compliance with College, state/federal, and other pertinent regulations and policies.
- Assists with Request for Proposals, contract renewals and preparation of finance and board motion.
- Maintains awareness of changes in industry, and state/federal regulations.
- Prepares audit documentation as needed for internal and external audits such as financial reports, financial notes and fraud surveys.
- Submits payments and reports to different local, state and government agencies.
- Assists in reviewing audit items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.